As the crisp mountain air meets the thrill of gliding down powdery slopes, the allure of a ski resort getaway becomes irresistible. You’re promised a frost-kissed realm with adventure, relaxation and a chance to showcase your impeccable style against a snowy backdrop. From seasoned skiers to first-time snow bunnies, preparation is key to ensuring your alpine escape is as chic as it is invigorating. Not sure what clothes, accessories or shoes to pack? Here’s our list of six items to pack for a getaway to a ski resort to get you on the slopes ASAP!
Source: ViDI Studio/Shutterstock.com
- Base Layers — Ski experts share that if you’re going to be doing resort skiing, base layers made from 100 percent Merino wool are ideal for comfort and warmth. Luxurious fabrics like Merino wool are known for their moisture-wicking properties and natural warmth. When you pick your base layer for your ski resort, you’ll find that it’s often a delicate balance of style and functionality. Whatever base layer you do end up wearing, pick one that has a snug fit to trap the heat close to your body without sacrificing flexibility, especially if you plan on skiing on the slopes. Prioritize strategic ventilation and seamless construction to prevent chafing and regulate temperature. Subtle patterns and neutral tones offer a sophisticated aesthetic to seamlessly integrate with your outerwear.
- Ski Pants — The ideal ski pants for your ski resort getaway should be windproof and waterproof to shield against the elements. The last thing you want to be on the mountain is cold and wet. Weather-resistant ski pants can help ensure you stay dry and comfortable. Choose pants with insulated layers so you get warmth without the bulk. Reinforced cuffs can protect against snow getting into your pants and boots. Whether you want a relaxed fit for more mobility or a sleek and tailored look, your ski pants can become a statement piece on the slopes that promises both adventure and elegance. When you’re not on your skis or snowboard, wear washable shoes. These kinds of shoes are ideal for a ski resort since they’re easy to wash and wear season after season.
- Statement Outerwear — Statement outerwear can help you transition from the slopes to serious après-ski glamour. A ski jacket made from high-performance materials with a fashionable design gives sophistication and warmth. A versatile piece with removable hoods can be swapped for fur trims for a day-to-night transformation. Choose technical features like breathability and waterproofing for on-slope functionality. Details like tailored silhouettes, bold colors and faux fur embellishments help your outerwear make a statement to show that mountain elegance knows no bounds.
- Snow Boots — As an alternative to snow boots, try cute athletic shoes if the ground isn’t very icy or snowy in between skiing and snowboarding. Otherwise, selecting the perfect snow boots involves prioritizing insulation and durability so you can take long walks in the snow. Your boots should have slip-resistant soles for traction on icy surfaces. If you’re wearing your boots at night, go for chic designs to complement your winter wardrobe. If there’s slush or unexpected flurries, get boots made from waterproof materials. From sleek leather finishes to faux fur accents, your snow boots can embody comfort and flair as you navigate snow-covered landscapes with ease.
- Cozy Accessories — A curated collection of cozy accessories may include the sumptuous warmth of a cashmere scarf. Slide into leather gloves that offer style and insulation so your hands stay warm and snug during outdoor adventures. Top off your outfit with a chic beanie to effortlessly marry warmth and fashion. You may not think of bringing sunglasses to a ski resort, but you need a stylish pair of sunnies or goggles with your helmet to shield your eyes from the snow glare. That way, you’ll stay cozy while transforming your ski resort look into a refined expression of alpine elegance.
- Goggles or Sunglasses — It can be tough to choose from goggles or sunglasses, especially when you’re transitioning on and off the slopes. It’s a sartorial decision as much as it is a practical one. Chic sunglasses offer a bit of glamour while you shield your eyes in style. Opt for sunglasses with UV protection and polarized lenses. If you prefer a sportier look, goggles offer great protection for intense skiing and snowboarding sessions, so you get optimal visibility and protection against snow and wind. Whether you prefer the performance-driven functionality of goggles or the sleek sophistication of sunglasses, make sure you choose eye protection you’ll actually enjoy wearing for your ski resort getaway.
It’s time to bid adieu to snow-capped peaks and enchanting slopes. Now that you’re armed with a curated list of ski getaway essentials, you’ll be ready to conquer the mountains and elevate your winter-style game to the summit of sophistication. Conquer those peaks and relish every moment in elegance and comfort. Put on your comfiest booties for women and sip that hot cocoa by the fireplace. Ski on, stay fabulous and have safe travels to your next ski getaway!